The Best Way To Use Ion Color Brilliance
Many women treat their hair as their major asset. They define beauty based on the style, color, and cuts of their hairs. Because of these, we have seen them so delicate and concerned about their hair, that they take time (I mean, time!) to make it look good. Don't worry; I know all about these things because I am a woman, too. If you want to style your hair, then knowing how to use Ion Color Brilliance might just do the trick.
The Color Brilliance is one of the newest hair products by the beauty company Ion. It comes either as a semi-permanent or permanent hair color that gives a woman's hair the vividness and impact it needs. The Ion Color Brilliance has different shades to cater your intricate preference.
The Ion Color Brilliance is available in the following shades:
- Sky Blue
- Shark Blue
All of these are intensely brilliant colors that can make your hair an instant head-turner. Crafted in Italy, the Ion Color Brilliance has no ammonia or peroxide. It is also ready to use and no necessary preparations needed.
How To Use Ion Color Brilliance?
Here is an easy guide to teach you how to use the Ion Color Brilliance into your hair. To get the most vibrant result as possible, you should follow each step of this guide as religiously as possible.
What you need
- Non-metallic bowl
- Application bottle
- Ion Dye
- Ion Developer
- Take a non-metallic bowl (or application bottle if you don't have the bowl) and mix the ion developer and ion dye. In mixing, you have to make sure that you will do the 1-to-1 ratio to achieve the perfect color that you want. If your hair requires 3 ounces of dye, also use 3 ounces developer with it. Mix the solution in the bowl by thoroughly stirring it. If you are using a bottle, shake until the entire mixture blends in.
- If it is your first time applying this color dye, then you can immediately use the mixture to your hair. Make sure that you will do it thoroughly, from your scalp up to the very ends of your hair.
If you are using the same dye color as the last time, then you have to apply it first to the roots of your hair. After that, you have to let it stay there for around 20 to 25 minutes. Next step is dyeing the rest of your hair which you have to do thoroughly also. When you are satisfied already, give it a rest for around 20 to 30 minutes.
For more vivid results
- To achieve and immensely vivid and bright color, you have to pre-lighten your hair using the Ion Color Brilliance in the level it indicates. The product comes with a table that shows the particular pre-lightening that you have to do for each type of color.
- When you are done with pre-lightening, you have to shampoo your hair with the Ion Color Defense Shampoo. This is a special shampoo that helps in sticking the color dye into your hair. Aside from that, it refines your hair for a smoothing and faster dyeing. Dry your hair afterwards.
- You have to apply the color dye you chose directly to your dry hair. The process time for this would usually take 20 to 40 minutes. The more you process it, the more the color can get intense and bright. Also, you have to do a strand test every 5 to 10 minutes.
Take note that you don't have to apply heat to the processing of the color dye if you have pre-lightened your hair already. This is the reason why I recommended pre-lightening your hair first before the actual process of coloring your hair.
- If you are satisfied with the results, you have to rinse it thoroughly with water. Then, apply the Ion Color Brilliance After Color Treatment. In doing this step, you can close the cuticles of your hair, thus locking the color deeply.
You should know that the Ion Color Brilliance has no oxidative compounds that make it last longer. If you want to remove the color in your hair, you should be aware that the lighteners do not work when it comes to this hair color brand. Even the Ion Color Corrector is not even advisable to be used.
Instead, you have to opt for permanent and demi-permanent color removal which you can avail at some hair salons.
- You should remember that the amount of time you will leave the color dye in your hair depends on how much of mixture you used. Regardless if you are trying to cover your hair with a brilliant color or just striking a shade on it, you should follow this rule. If not, the color dye will not stick thoroughly to your hair, thus diminish so quickly.
- In concept, it will take around 25 to 35 minutes if you are going to use a 10-volume ion developer. If you using a 20-volume ion developer to cover the gray areas of your hair or just want to produce a lighter shade, then the developing time is around 30 to 45 minutes. In the same manner, you have to spend 30 to 45 minutes of developing time if you are going to use a 30 or 40-volume ion developer.
- The dyeing time would be faster if your hair is healthy and fine. This type of hair is more receptive to coarse hairs. The latter tends to be resistant to dye applications, so you have to spend more time dyeing it.
Also, you should take note that if you are going to use the permanent Ion Color Brilliance, don't do it two weeks after you relaxed your hair. The color would not stick in completely, and there are cases it might damage your hair.
Of course, before coloring your hair, you have to check your scalp first. You should determine the porosity (refers to the ability of your hair to absorb moisture) and the elasticity of each strand. If you can feel any irritations in your head when you applied the dye, do not continue anymore. There is a good chance that your scalp might be sensitive to chemical applications.
As Ion Color Brilliance suggest, you have to use a shade that is one or two levels lighter if you want to achieve the desired color vividness that you want. Moreover, you have to do this if your hair is too dark or porous.
Knowing how to use Color Ion Brilliance is beneficial for us women. It gives us the freedom to choose what color and fix we want to our hair. Better than that, it saves our money from going to a hair salon. Going to a hair stylist can be tedious to our part since not all of us have the available or luxury time to visit them. After all, you don't have to be a hair stylist before you can color your hair!
Did you learn from this article? Show your love back to us by sharing and tweeting this one to your friends and families!